Why Should YOU Have Your Blood Work Done at Cruz Life Center?
• A more comprehensive approach looking at the whole body, not just a single symptom.
• Time will be spent with you to educate and inform you of your test results.
• You will be given dietary advice to help you with natural options.
• Your insurance will only cover the cheapest and most basic tests.
Have you ever gone to the doctor with symptoms that are affecting your everyday life? Your doctor does a series of lab tests and they all come back normal.
A lot of people have been told that their lab tests are normal only to find out weeks, months or years later that they have a disease. Disease doesn’t come to our bodies overnight. Most doctors are trained to evaluate standardized lab tests as abnormal only when they fall outside of the lab ranges as set by the individual labs.
Our office evaluates lab tests according to what is known as “functional ranges”. Functional medicine guidelines allow Dr. Cruz to examine markers that are present in blood work long before issues become critical and pharmaceuticals are required.
The example below represents a mountain with a jagged edge and a sharp drop to the ocean full of sharks. A healthy result on lab findings is what we all want with living at the top of the mountain. Standing on the jagged edge represents being functionally unhealthy, having all or some of the symptoms of a problem but the labs are not yet bad enough to get your doctors attention. Falling off the cliff and swimming with the sharks is when the labs are finally bad enough to be obvious and get a diagnosis.
Functional medicine allows patients the opportunity to address these issues without drugs or surgery by looking at the complete picture of a patient’s overall health. For example; most doctors when checking your thyroid will only check the TSH (the basic thyroid marker) looking for hypo or hyperthyroidism. With functional medicine multiple thyroid markers are checked for any underlying issues with the thyroid and related organs before they become critical. This allows the doctor and patient to see any issues that are starting in the thyroid and address them naturally.
Once blood work is completed Dr. Cruz analyzes the information and if any potential issues are present then Dr. Cruz uses a non-pharmaceutical approach to work with you for restoration of your health. These may include:
- Better food choices
- Lifestyle changes
- Nutritional supplements or Botanicals
- Customized recommendations for each patient based on their testing
- Follow up testing and reports to support patients progress
Our office is dedicated to natural health care solutions for our patients. Functional medicine is the best avenue for achieving this goal. Most insurance companies don’t cover the extensive blood work required with functional medicine. Our office fees are affordable and includes ample time to review it and ask questions. We are dedicated to empowering our patients to live a long healthy life, enjoying life to the fullest.
Bloodwork Testing Companies
Dutch Test – dutchtest.com – Considered the most accurate hormone test available. They test though dried urine samples and saliva.
- The dutch test will give you a comprehensive look at your hormones and cortisol patterns during a 24 hour period.
Great Plains Laboratory – greatplainslaboratory.com – Great plains offers a comprehensive list of labs from nutritional deficiency to mycotoxins.
SpectraCell – spectracell.com – One of the most advanced companies for checking intracellular vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and immune systems.
- Skin Problems, Fatigue, Constipation, Poor Thyroid Function, Muscle Spasm, Osteoporosis, Poor Sleep, Depression, Excessive Bleeding. Does any of this apply to you? SpectraCell can help!
Cyrex Labs – cyrexlabs.com – This company offers the most advanced and comprehensive testing for Autoimmune and Pathogen related issues. They Specialize in Autoimmune, Leaky Gut, Pathogens, Viruses, Bacteria, Gluten Intolerance, Chemical Sensitivities.
- If you have Leaky Gut, Hashimoto’s Disease, Grave’s Disease, Meniere’s Disease, IBS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Asthma, or suspect you have been exposed to environmental toxins, viruses or bacteria, Cyrex Labs’ Testing would be of benefit to you!
LabCorp – delivers world-class diagnostic solutions and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. Comprehensive testing for every system in your body.